W is a premium entertainment channel, whose focus is to serve an upmarket female-skewing audience with authentic, rewarding and irresistibly entertaining factual entertainment. While our core demographic is 30-39 year old women, we look for accessible co-viewable content that offers broader appeal. W became a free-to-air channel on 28th March 2022, and with its 'Life Unfiltered' mantra, distinctive, escapist and life-affirming ideas with strong EPG appeal are key.
- Top talent with passion projects - this could be an authored doc, an entertainment idea, or a far more out-there concept. Well-known household names are really important to give us big PR grabbing moments.
- Fact-ent formats to play at 8pm that can be commissioned in high volume, are economical to shoot and edit and are returnable and repeatable.
- Sticky and stand out ideas than can stand on their own feet without talent attached.
- Observational documentaries in new and unexpected precincts and/or everyday heroes.
- We are not looking for ideas that are saturated in the free to air space, such as property and relocation shows.
Emma Willis: Delivering Babies, Stacey Dooley Sleeps Over, Inside the Ambulance, The Shift: Women on the Force, Emily Atack: Adulting, My Famous Babysitter, Cherry Healy: Should I Go Under the Knife?
ABC1 female skewing 30-39
Weekdays 8pm and 10pm
Proposals should be one to two pages in length. They should clearly state what the proposition is and how the format works in brief. To ensure your idea is logged and tracked, please submit the proposal to email@example.com. Please only send in a proposal if you are affiliated with or from an independent production company.